Santa

 Alright listen… If I didn’t feel like I had to tell my kids about Santa, I wouldn’t. They would still get the same presents. They would still get the same joy. They would still be able to decorate cookies. And I understand that when the secret comes out, it’s normally not traumatic and PTSD-causing. However, that’s not the point. The point is, if we don’t want our kids to lie to us, why would we lie to them? Even if it’s about some kind of mystical man, it’s the principle of the thing. But I don’t really even have a choice on this matter because once my kids interact with any other kids, of course they’d tell them Santa isn’t real. And that would obviously ruin the secret for those kids. 

And then there are parents who won’t even get their kids vaccinated which puts other kids in danger…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction